Terms of Service
Created May 19, 2019
By using this website, and any of it's sub-domains, you agree to the following terms and conditions. Please note, that different terms and conditions may apply depending on the service in use (such as the game server).
- UGC = user generated content
- SS refers to our other site, SoulSplit, which is the parent domain. All terms apply to this domain (.ps)
- An account is required to log into the website. To create one, you must first log in to the game server for the first time, then log out so it can sync to web server. You will then be able to log in to the website to use our forums, access your account, etc.
- You must be at least 13 years of age (or such other minimum age as is applicable in your country of residence) to create an Account. If you are aged between the relevant minimum age and 18 (or the age of majority where you live), you and your parent or guardian must review this Agreement together. Parents and guardians are responsible for the acts of children under 18 years of age when using Services. We recommend that parents and guardians familiarize themselves with parental controls on devices they provide their child.
- You are responsible for the activity on your Account. Your Account may be suspended or terminated if someone else uses it to engage in activity that violates this Agreement.
- You may cancel your account at any time. You also may cancel a subscription to a particular service at any time. Contact us via the discord link at the top, and tag an admin and discuss it over private messages.
2. Rules of Conduct
When you access or use an Service, you agree that you will not:
- Violate any law, rule or regulation.
- Interfere with or disrupt any SS Service or any server or network used to support or provide an SS Service, including any hacking or cracking into an SS Service.
- Use any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts an SS Service or another's computer or property, such as denial of service attacks, spamming, hacking, or uploading computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses, cancelbots, spyware, corrupted files and time bombs.
- Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an SS Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an SS Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly.
- Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.
- Contribute UGC or organize or participate in any activity, group or guild that is inappropriate, abusive, harassing, profane, threatening, hateful, offensive, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invades another's privacy, or is otherwise reasonably objectionable.
- Publish, post, upload or distribute UGC or content that is illegal or that you don't have permission to freely distribute.
- Publish, post, upload or distribute any content, such as a topic, name, screen name, avatar, persona, or other material or information, that SS (acting reasonably and objectively) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful, harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, hateful, obscene, sexually explicit, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent or unlawful.
- Post a message for any purpose other than personal communication. Prohibited messages include advertising, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes and other types of solicitation or commercial activities.
- Impersonate another person or falsely imply that you are an SS employee or representative.
- Improperly use in-game support or complaint buttons or make false reports to SS staff.
- Attempt to obtain, or phish for, a password, account information, or other private information from anyone else on SS Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automated device or process to access this website for any purpose or copy any material on this website.
- Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools, such as "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs, "cheat utility" software program or applications, exploits, cheats, or any other game hacking, altering or cheating software or tool.
- Modify any file or any other part of the SS Service that SS does not specifically authorize you to modify.
- Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an SS Service.
- Use or distribute counterfeit software or Content, including Virtual Currency.
- Attempt to use an SS Service on or through any service that is not controlled or authorized by SS.
- Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your Account, any personal access to SS Services, or any SS Content associated with your SS Account, including SS Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an SS Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by SS.
- Use an SS Service in a country in which SS is prohibited from offering such services under applicable export control laws.
- If an SS Service requires you to create a "user name" or a "persona" to represent you in game and online, you should not use your real name and may not use a user name or persona that is used by someone else or that SS determines is vulgar or offensive or violates someone else's rights.
- Engage in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of an SS Service.
- Use information about users publicly available in any SS Service (e.g. on a leaderboard) for any purpose unrelated to the Service, including to attempt to identify such users in the real world.
- Promote, encourage or take part in any prohibited activity described above.
If you or someone using your SS Account violates these rules and fails to remedy this violation after a warning, SS may take action against you, including revoking access to certain or all SS Services, Content or Entitlements, or terminating your SS Account as described in Section 8. In case of severe violations, SS may take these actions without issuing a prior warning. Some examples of severe violations include, but are not limited to: promoting, encouraging or engaging in hacking, selling SS accounts or entitlements (including virtual currencies and items) without SS’s permission, extreme harassment, or threatening illegal activities. When practical, SS will notify you of the action it will take in response to violations of these rules or breach of this Agreement.
Specific SS Services may post additional rules that apply to your conduct on those services.
If you encounter another user who is violating any of these rules, please report this activity to SS using the "Help" or "Report Abuse" functions in the relevant SS Service, if available, or contact a staff member via discord.
SS may, in its discretion, monitor or record online activity or Content on SS Services and may remove any Content from any SS Service at its discretion. Remember that your communications and your UGC in an SS Service are public and will be seen by others.
3. Termination and Other Sanctions
This Agreement is effective until terminated by you or SS. SS may terminate your access and use of any SS Services or your SS Account if SS determines that you have violated this Agreement or that there has been otherwise unlawful, improper or fraudulent use of SS Services associated with your SS Account. When practical, SS will notify you of the termination. You may lose your user name and persona as a result of an SS Account termination. If you have more than one SS Account, depending on the type of violation or misuse, SS may terminate all of your SS Accounts and all related Entitlements. If your SS Account is terminated, you will not have access to your SS Account or Entitlements and may be barred from accessing or using any SS Service again. Upon termination, your license under this Agreement also shall terminate.
4. Use of Data
When you use an SS Service, SS may collect and store data from your computer or device, including information about your computer or device and operating system (such as IP Address and device ID), information about your SS Service usage, gameplay and usage statistics, system interactions and peripheral hardware (for example, to protect your game stats, SS may place a randomly generated identification number in the keychain storage of your device. That identifier will be removed when you reset your device). SS uses this information to operate its business, improve its products and services, provide services to and communicate with you (including for marketing purposes), provide software updates, dynamically served content and software support, and trouble-shoot bugs or otherwise enhance your experience. If you participate in online services, SS also may collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display statistical data regarding game play (including scores, rankings and achievements), or identify content that is created and shared by you with other players.
5. Paypal/Payment Requirements
Purchases made on the website are subject to PayPal's terms of service. A verified account is not required, but highly recommended to prevent issues in the future. The account used to make the purchase must be yours, and in your own name, and owned by you explicitly. All purchases are made in USD currency. Any attempt to dispute the payment wrongfully (such as an unauthorized claim or item not received when it was legit), may result in termination of your account in accordance with Section 3.
6. Changes to this Agreement
SS may modify this Agreement from time to time, so please review it frequently. For SS players who accepted a version of this Agreement prior to modification, the revisions will become effective 30 days after posting at .ps/pages/terms. Your continued use of SS Services means you accept the changes. Once you accept a version of the Agreement, we will not enforce future material changes without your express agreement to them. If you are asked to accept material changes to this Agreement and you decline to do so, you may not be able to continue to use the SS Service provided.